Thought I’d write a little update to let you all know how my latest project is coming. :) [This post gets a little long, but I hope it’s interesting anyway!]
I finished “Mr. Bee” on Oct. 3, and then spent a couple weeks after that faffing about with the text, trying to make it perfect. I got so much insightful feedback from so many excellent people; thank you. But some suggestions contradicted others, or some didn’t match the tone I was going for, or whatever, and no matter what I did I couldn’t make it absolutely “perfect” that pleased everyone I asked. After numerous drafts and arguing pros and cons of specific words with friends and family, at the final critique I got yet more feedback about what I could do differently, and at that point I realized I just had to let it go. For now, at least.
But it did mean that I spent a couple weeks where I was so focused on trying to fix that comic that I found it really difficult to start on the second one. I spent all of last week writing (which was trickier than I thought it would be!) and all of this weekend thumbnailing. (I’m so behind!)
I think thumbnailing is definitely the trickiest part of the whole process for me.